Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > aspnet local user account rights to c:\windows\temp automatically removed

aspnet local user account rights to c:\windows\temp automatically removed

jpgentz@cox.net

I have a client that uses a dot net web app on a windows 2003 server.
Every day they get a dotnet message from the users browser that tells
us that the aspnet user does not have security rigths to c:\windows
\temp
I look at the security tab and see that the local user aspnet is gone,
re-add it and things work. the next day the same thing happens again.

They are using active directory and the admin tells me that he didn't
change anything?

Regards,
-JP

Dominick Baier

On Windows 2003 - the default asp.net user is NETWORK SERVICE - or whatever
you configure in the IIS Application Pool.

-----