Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > AzMan Role Based Security vs. ASP.NET Role Based Security

AzMan Role Based Security vs. ASP.NET Role Based Security

Kursat

Hi,

As far as I understand there are two types of role based security available
to use with ASP.NET applications : AzMan Role Based Security and ASP.NET
Role Based Security. What kind of decision should be made about using one of
two?

Thanks in advance.

Dominick Baier

Well -

AzMan give you another layer of indirection - a separate GUI to setup roles
and users. Something you would otherwise have to write yourself.

But AzMan can do much more than just role based security (it is just that
the ASP.NET provider only exposes the role functionality).

Have a look at this document:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de.../AzManApps.asp
and

-----