Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Using Windows Auth in Sharepoint and ASPx pages question

Using Windows Auth in Sharepoint and ASPx pages question

rote

I have different Sharepoint site and subsites(WSSv3)
I'm using Windows Auth (with AD)
I wrote an application that uses the IsinRole method to redirect users to
there different sharepoint pages when they login.
But i'm having an issue with logging in twice
The first page they have to launch contains a basic aspx or html page with a
button and when the click the button i direct them to the application with
the
IsinRole method and then they get prompted with a LOGON windows Auth popup
and then they LOGIN but after login in before the page redirects to the
sharepoint page they get prompted with another LOGON windows Auth popup.
Which means they LOGIN in twice
My app with the IsInRole method is configured in IIS for WINDOWS AUTH and in
the web.config i have impersonate=true
How can i have them login once in such scenario since my sharepoint is setup
to ue WINDOWS AUTH too?
Any ideas

Alexey Smirnov

On Apr 23, 8:20 am, "rote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have different Sharepoint site and subsites(WSSv3)
> I'm using Windows Auth (with AD)
> I wrote an application that uses the IsinRole method to redirect users to
> there different sharepoint pages when they login.
> But i'm having an issue with logging in twice
> The first page they have to launch contains a basic aspx or html page with a
> button and when the click the button i direct them to the application with
> the
> IsinRole method and then they get prompted with a LOGON windows Auth popup
> and then they LOGIN but after login in before the page redirects to the
> sharepoint page they get prompted with another LOGON windows Auth popup.
> Which means they LOGIN in twice
> My app with the IsInRole method is configured in IIS for WINDOWS AUTH and in
> the web.config i have impersonate=true
> How can i have them login once in such scenario since my sharepoint is setup
> to ue WINDOWS AUTH too?
> Any ideas

What security level is used for intranet in IE and did you tried to
add your sites to the trusted sites list?

dink337

Do you have "Windows Integrated Authentication" enabled in their browsers?
Is the site they're trying to access an "Intranet" site?
Do you have a proxy configured, and if so, is the browser set to bypass it
for local addresses (assuming site is intranet site)?

The "double-login" issue is a very common problem when using windows
authentication. Checking the above will get you one step closer to solving
(if not solving completely) this.

Dez

"rote" wrote:

> I have different Sharepoint site and subsites(WSSv3)
> I'm using Windows Auth (with AD)
> I wrote an application that uses the IsinRole method to redirect users to
> there different sharepoint pages when they login.
> But i'm having an issue with logging in twice
> The first page they have to launch contains a basic aspx or html page with a
> button and when the click the button i direct them to the application with
> the
> IsinRole method and then they get prompted with a LOGON windows Auth popup
> and then they LOGIN but after login in before the page redirects to the
> sharepoint page they get prompted with another LOGON windows Auth popup.
> Which means they LOGIN in twice
> My app with the IsInRole method is configured in IIS for WINDOWS AUTH and in
> the web.config i have impersonate=true
> How can i have them login once in such scenario since my sharepoint is setup
> to ue WINDOWS AUTH too?
> Any ideas

rote

Thanks guys. Windows Integrated Authentication is enabled
And yes its an intranet site.
What i had to do to fix it was to create my authorization app inside the
sharepoint site in IIS the (same context).
And now they only need to login once
But if the app is on another site(virtual directory) with a different port
it prompts me twice.
Don't know why since its on the SAME server.
Patrick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...