Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > AdomdConnectionException

AdomdConnectionException

Cindy Lee

I get the error "No connection could be made because the target machine
actively refused it " when trying to connect with AdomdConnection (the
same code works on other servers). I'm just trying to connect on the local
host.

I'm running windows server 2003 service pack 1. I think I might need to
download something on this server to make ADO work. I can connect with my
perl code which uses soap to call the the cubes. I'm using .NET 2.0 for my
C# code.

I also get this error using the MDX sample application on a remote machine.
But the MDX sample app works on the same machine.

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnec tionException: A
connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. --->
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the
target machine actively refused it at
System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient. GetTcpClientByAddress(Stri
ng hostName, Int32 port) at
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient. GetTcpClient(ConnectionInf
o connectionInfo) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient. GetTcpClient(ConnectionInf
o connectionInfo) at
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient. OpenTcpConnection(Connecti
onInfo connectionInfo) at
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient. Connect(ConnectionInfo
connectionInfo, Boolean beginSession) at
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnec tion.XmlaClientProvider.Mi
crosoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnecti on.IXmlaClientProviderEx.C
onnectXmla() at
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnec tion.ConnectToXMLA(Boolean
createSession, Boolean isHTTP) at
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnec tion.Open() at
MdxToXML.GetBasicInfo(String zone_id, String partner_id, String ct_id)