Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > "ProtectSection" cannot save the file

"ProtectSection" cannot save the file

Griff

Hi,

I have a problem where after protecting the "connectionStrings" section of
the web.config file and then saving the encrypted version I am getting
"Access to the path C:*******\web.config is denied" - This is both local IIS
(Windows 2003) and hosting site.

Any clues as how I can save the file?

Dominick Baier

well - the application needs the write (and create new files) permission
for the application directory.

I don't that at all - consider encrypting the string using the command line
tool with an admin account...

-----

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem where after protecting the "connectionStrings"
> section of the web.config file and then saving the encrypted version I
> am getting "Access to the path C:*******\web.config is denied" - This
> is both local IIS (Windows 2003) and hosting site.
>
> Any clues as how I can save the file?

Griff

Thanx for the information but I do not have access to the command line tools
otherwise I would have taken that route - I will find another way of doing
what I need.

"Dominick Baier" <dbaier@pleasepleasenospam_leastprivilege.com> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed) m...