Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > allow write access for logged-in user

allow write access for logged-in user

Andrew Martin

I'm using Forms Authentication to secure an admin area of a website. In the
admin area, I have an .aspx file that updates an unsecured XML file which is
not inside the admin area. This file should be have anonymous read but not
anonymous write access.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Dominick Baier

The account of your worker process (usually NETWORK SERVICE) needs write
access to that file...

-----