Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > questions about login and "remember me next time"

questions about login and "remember me next time"

Dan

Hi,

I use the logon control for logging into the application. When logging and
checking the option "remember me next time" and then closing the browser
without to press any logout button which logout the user, the next time i
start the browser and go to the application, i don't need to login. That's
ok.

My questions are:

1) when logging and checking the option "remember me next time" but then
pressing the button logout ( with the code: FormsAuthentication.SignOut() )
and closing the browser, the next time i start the browser and go to the
application, i have to login again.
Is this logical?
2) And if yes, is it not better not to put a logout button, but just leaving
the browser?
3) Is there a difference between closing the browser and logout?

Thanks
Dan

Lau Lei Cheong

"Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> 撰寫於郵件新聞:(E-Mail Removed) bl...
> My questions are:
>
> 1) when logging and checking the option "remember me next time" but then
> pressing the button logout ( with the code:
> FormsAuthentication.SignOut() ) and closing the browser, the next time i
> start the browser and go to the application, i have to login again.
> Is this logical?

Yes. By pressing logout it implies the user wants to "wrap out information
preserved on the PC to login automatically".

> 2) And if yes, is it not better not to put a logout button, but just
> leaving the browser?

You'd better put the logout button there, just in case they want to switch
user.
And since there is tabbed browsing, and in certain browsers all tabbed pages
shares login sessions, it may not be desirable to require them to exit
browser to logout.

> 3) Is there a difference between closing the browser and logout?

You can logout but conserves non-user related preferences (like display
langauge), plus like I said above, sometimes closing browser is not
desirable.

Dan

Thanks

"Lau Lei Cheong" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:OUk$(E-Mail Removed)...