Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Single SignOn through ASP.NET WebApplication

Single SignOn through ASP.NET WebApplication

remi

Hello,

I'm a bit confusing about the architecture I should use to authenticate my
users.

In our company, we have a WebForm Application wich uses Windows
Authentification. This application can be run from the domain (intranet),
from other domains (extranet) and from external (internet).

We have now to create a second WebForm application. Users will come from the
first application. They will log in this first application and then browse
to the new application. Is there a way to avoid the user to log a second
time ?

I think that if the user come from the domain it is easy as I can get the
connected user and role in AD (System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal).
OK.
But what about the other cases ? If user uses his logins and password to
connect to the first app and then call the second application ?
HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.ToString(); or
Request.ServerVariables["AUTH_USER"]; would work ?

Where can I find any advice about it ?

Thank you a lot for any tips !!

Sincerly,