Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Securing WebService

Securing WebService

Bob

Hi,
I am new to Web security and site maintenance.
Trying to secure a webservice
I made a certificate server out of the development Win2k Server machine and
created a root certificate. The same machine is also the webserver at this
stage.
When a client browser on the LAN accesses the site it gets brings up a query
about the certificate as expected.
The client certificate installation then appears to go OK but when I restart
the browser it again queries the certifcate.
Also a http request still gets through. So I think I have not done it all
correctly but I can't see where I am going wrong.

Any ideas on this?
thanks
Bob