Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Authentication with multiple providers?

Authentication with multiple providers?

Josh

I'm updating some classic ASP sites. In their current form they use
two datastores for authentication, a sql database for web users and AD
via LDAP for internal staff. I'm looking for advice on how best to
move to ASP.Net's membership and role management. Is it possible to
use forms authentication with multiple providers? If so, how do I
apply roles? Is there a better way?

Thanks
Josh

Brad Kingsley

Here is an example to use XML. I would think you can write custom code to
pull the user information from wherever you wanted.

http://www.orcsweb.com/articles/formauthxml.aspx

~Brad Kingsley
MCSE, ASPInsider

http://www.orcsweb.com/