Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Why encryption failed?

Why encryption failed?

CAIBird

hi,

i'm trying to encrypt a present section in web.config named "system.net"
using following command line:

aspnet_regiis.exe -pef "system.net" C:\site

i get failed everytime i execute it, getting a error"The configuration
section 'system.net' was not found". i'm almost crazy, this section is there.

And if i excute:

aspnet_regiis.exe -pef "connectionStrings" C:\site

i succeed. but what's difference?

thanks
-Zhilin

Dominick Baier

System.Net is not a section but a SectionGroup -

you can only encrypt sections (the stuff that's under system.net)

---
Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> hi,
>
> i'm trying to encrypt a present section in web.config named
> "system.net" using following command line:
>
> aspnet_regiis.exe -pef "system.net" C:\site
>
> i get failed everytime i execute it, getting a error"The configuration
> section 'system.net' was not found". i'm almost crazy, this section is
> there.
>
> And if i excute:
>
> aspnet_regiis.exe -pef "connectionStrings" C:\site
>
> i succeed. but what's difference?
>
> thanks
> -Zhili

CAIBird