Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > EnvelopedCMS and MailMessage [.NET 2.0 - VB_VS2005]

Reply
Thread Tools

EnvelopedCMS and MailMessage [.NET 2.0 - VB_VS2005]

 
 
VIOT Yves
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-18-2006
Hi all,
I'm new in VS2005 (and .NET framework 2.0) and i have a problem with
envelopedCMS and MaiMessage objects. I can't make it work. I've tried
several things but it doesn't work. I would like to know if anybody have
a code example ? The only thing i'm sure is that recipients and
certificates are ok. I seems to be a problem with the envelopedCMS
encapsulation in the MailMessage, and i think that it commes from the
headers.
Thx all...

Yves VIOT
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Joe Kaplan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-18-2006
I'm very curious about this too. I know how to create the EnvelopedCms
message, but I'm also not sure about how to get it into the mail message in
the proper MIME format so that common mail clients think it is proper SMIME.

What you might do is create an enveloped message in a mail client and then
look at the raw message data to see how the body parts are composed.

It may also be necessary to mess around with System.Net.Mime to get the body
parts working correctly. Hopefully this doesn't require using CDO via COM
interop.

Joe K.

--
Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming
Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"
http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"VIOT Yves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> I'm new in VS2005 (and .NET framework 2.0) and i have a problem with
> envelopedCMS and MaiMessage objects. I can't make it work. I've tried
> several things but it doesn't work. I would like to know if anybody have a
> code example ? The only thing i'm sure is that recipients and certificates
> are ok. I seems to be a problem with the envelopedCMS encapsulation in the
> MailMessage, and i think that it commes from the headers.
> Thx all...
>
> Yves VIOT



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
VIOT Yves
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-18-2006
Re...
In fact my code is below.. I don't know if the scheme is correct. I've
noticed something very strange. The headers i've add (also tried set)
are duplicate with those that the smtpclient add ???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
content-type: application/pkcs7-mime; smime-type=enveloped-data
content-disposition: attachment;FileName="smime.p7m"
mime-version: 1.0
From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
To: (E-Mail Removed)
date: 18 Oct 2006 17:50:42 +0200
subject: Test
content-type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
content-transfer-encoding: base64
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dim envelop As System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.EnvelopedCms
Dim content As System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.ContentInfo
Dim unicode As New System.Text.UnicodeEncoding
Dim alg As System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.AlgorithmIdentif ier
Dim recipient As System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.CmsRecipient

alg = New System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.AlgorithmIdentif ier( _
New Oid("1.2.840.113549.3.7", "3des"), 12

content = _
New System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.ContentInfo( _
unicode.GetBytes((New System.IO.StreamReader(str_File)).ReadToEnd))


recipient = New System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.CmsRecipient( _
GetRecipientCert)

envelop = New System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.EnvelopedCms(con tent, alg)
envelop.Encrypt(recipient)

obj_SMTPClient = New SmtpClient(str_MailSMTPServer, _
str_MailSMTPServerPort)



obj_Message = New MailMessage(str_From, str_To, "Test",
unicode.GetString(envelop.Encode()))
obj_Message.Headers.Remove("Content-Type")
obj_Message.Headers.Add("Content-Type", "application/pkcs7-mime;
smime-type=enveloped-data")
obj_Message.Headers.Add("Content-Disposition",
"attachment;FileName=""smime.p7m""")

obj_SMTPClient.Send(obj_Message)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe Kaplan a écrit :
> I'm very curious about this too. I know how to create the EnvelopedCms
> message, but I'm also not sure about how to get it into the mail message in
> the proper MIME format so that common mail clients think it is proper SMIME.
>
> What you might do is create an enveloped message in a mail client and then
> look at the raw message data to see how the body parts are composed.
>
> It may also be necessary to mess around with System.Net.Mime to get the body
> parts working correctly. Hopefully this doesn't require using CDO via COM
> interop.
>
> Joe K.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Joe Kaplan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-18-2006
I'm not a MIME expert, but I'm pretty sure you don't add the headers
directly to the message itself. You need to create a body part with the
correct disposition. I'd suggest poking around in System.Net.Mime and see
if you can get what you need there.

Joe K.

--
Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming
Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"
http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"VIOT Yves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Re...
> In fact my code is below.. I don't know if the scheme is correct. I've
> noticed something very strange. The headers i've add (also tried set) are
> duplicate with those that the smtpclient add ???
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> content-type: application/pkcs7-mime; smime-type=enveloped-data
> content-disposition: attachment;FileName="smime.p7m"
> mime-version: 1.0
> From: (E-Mail Removed)
> To: (E-Mail Removed)
> date: 18 Oct 2006 17:50:42 +0200
> subject: Test
> content-type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
> content-transfer-encoding: base64
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Dim envelop As System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.EnvelopedCms
> Dim content As System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.ContentInfo
> Dim unicode As New System.Text.UnicodeEncoding
> Dim alg As System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.AlgorithmIdentif ier
> Dim recipient As System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.CmsRecipient
>
> alg = New System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.AlgorithmIdentif ier( _
> New Oid("1.2.840.113549.3.7", "3des"), 12
>
> content = _
> New System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.ContentInfo( _
> unicode.GetBytes((New
> System.IO.StreamReader(str_File)).ReadToEnd))
>
>
> recipient = New System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.CmsRecipient( _
> GetRecipientCert)
>
> envelop = New System.Security.Cryptography.Pkcs.EnvelopedCms(con tent, alg)
> envelop.Encrypt(recipient)
>
> obj_SMTPClient = New SmtpClient(str_MailSMTPServer, _
> str_MailSMTPServerPort)
>
>
>
> obj_Message = New MailMessage(str_From, str_To, "Test",
> unicode.GetString(envelop.Encode()))
> obj_Message.Headers.Remove("Content-Type")
> obj_Message.Headers.Add("Content-Type", "application/pkcs7-mime;
> smime-type=enveloped-data")
> obj_Message.Headers.Add("Content-Disposition",
> "attachment;FileName=""smime.p7m""")
>
> obj_SMTPClient.Send(obj_Message)
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Joe Kaplan a écrit :
>> I'm very curious about this too. I know how to create the EnvelopedCms
>> message, but I'm also not sure about how to get it into the mail message
>> in the proper MIME format so that common mail clients think it is proper
>> SMIME.
>>
>> What you might do is create an enveloped message in a mail client and
>> then look at the raw message data to see how the body parts are composed.
>>
>> It may also be necessary to mess around with System.Net.Mime to get the
>> body parts working correctly. Hopefully this doesn't require using CDO
>> via COM interop.
>>
>> Joe K.
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
VIOT Yves
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-18-2006
Ok thanks i'll take a look tomorrow... (in France it's time to sleep...)
Goodbye & good night

Joe Kaplan a écrit :
> I'm not a MIME expert, but I'm pretty sure you don't add the headers
> directly to the message itself. You need to create a body part with the
> correct disposition. I'd suggest poking around in System.Net.Mime and see
> if you can get what you need there.
>
> Joe K.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
fhtino
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-20-2006
Hi,

I've the same problem. It seems that NET 2.0 is not able to send a
SMIME email message.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...57930e6fe40da2

https://connect.microsoft.com/Visual...dbackID=149485


Have you found any solution?


Fabrizio



VIOT Yves wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm new in VS2005 (and .NET framework 2.0) and i have a problem with
> envelopedCMS and MaiMessage objects. I can't make it work. I've tried
> several things but it doesn't work. I would like to know if anybody have
> a code example ? The only thing i'm sure is that recipients and
> certificates are ok. I seems to be a problem with the envelopedCMS
> encapsulation in the MailMessage, and i think that it commes from the
> headers.
> Thx all...
>
> Yves VIOT


 
Reply With Quote
 
VIOT Yves
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-20-2006
Hi,
I'm investigating... I've tried to force pkcs9 attributes
unsuccessfully.. I've posted 2 bug report on connect.microsoft.com this
week but i think it is too early to obtain a response. i've though an
ugly solution which could be to save the message and to remove
duplicates headers, but the duplicate headers are added by the send
method of the smtpclient.
Keep in touch, i'll post an example if i get news...
Bye

Yves

fhtino a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've the same problem. It seems that NET 2.0 is not able to send a
> SMIME email message.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...57930e6fe40da2
>
> https://connect.microsoft.com/Visual...dbackID=149485
>
>
> Have you found any solution?
>
>
> Fabrizio
>
>
>
> VIOT Yves wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I'm new in VS2005 (and .NET framework 2.0) and i have a problem with
>> envelopedCMS and MaiMessage objects. I can't make it work. I've tried
>> several things but it doesn't work. I would like to know if anybody have
>> a code example ? The only thing i'm sure is that recipients and
>> certificates are ok. I seems to be a problem with the envelopedCMS
>> encapsulation in the MailMessage, and i think that it commes from the
>> headers.
>> Thx all...
>>
>> Yves VIOT

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
System.Web.Mail.MailMessage - Conversation Type and NTLM auth Raj ASP .Net 0 06-02-2009 02:38 AM
MailMessage.Headers and Content-Type Vlad ASP .Net 8 10-18-2007 09:34 PM
Problem with System.Web.Mail.MailMessage and HTML mail =?Utf-8?B?TWlja2VCb3k=?= ASP .Net 1 06-21-2005 06:11 AM
MailMessage, SmtpMail, and Hotmail: Why are my messages getting put in Junkmail? Nathan Sokalski ASP .Net 6 05-30-2005 03:26 PM
can i use and *.html file as the body in mailmessage class in ASP.net C# khawar ASP .Net 1 07-31-2003 06:45 AM



Advertisments