Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > User Authentication Thru LDAP MS Active Directory

User Authentication Thru LDAP MS Active Directory

Thana

Hi ,

I am creating a user login page using ASP.NET 2.0 in C# to authenticate users thru LDAP MS Active Directory. Can anyone provide a sample in C# code for the user authentication ?. Thanks !.

Joe Kaplan

Why don't you use the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider? That's what it is
there for.

Ideally, you wouldn't use LDAP auth at all and would use IIS/Windows auth,
as LDAP auth is always a compromise, but you may not have a choice here.

Joe K.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
<Thana> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi ,
>
> I am creating a user login page using ASP.NET 2.0 in C# to authenticate
> users thru LDAP MS Active Directory. Can anyone provide a sample in C#
> code for the user authentication ?. Thanks !.

Patrick.O.Ige

As Joe adviced..
Go to IIS >Website or Virtual Directory>Disable Anonyumous Access and enable
integrated Windows and add ur Active Directory and thats it
Patrick