Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Access Denied Error comes when i send FAX

Access Denied Error comes when i send FAX

Patel Mitesh

Hi all,

I have made one FAX application using FAXCOMLib on Windows 2003.

Dim FS As New FAXCOMLib.FaxServer
Dim FD As FAXCOMLib.FaxDoc

FS.Connect(ServerToConnect.Trim())
FD = FS.CreateDocument("C:\FAX.DOC")
FD.FileName = C:\FAX.DOC
FD.FaxNumber = "1234567789"
FD.DiscountSend = 0
FD.SendCoverpage = 0
faxcnt = FD.Send()
FS.Disconnect()

IT gives Exception at the time of Executin of FD.Send() Method.

The exception is mentioned below:

{"Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))"}
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: {"Access is denied. (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))"}
Data: {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal}
HelpLink: Nothing
InnerException: Nothing
Message: "Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005
(E_ACCESSDENIED))"
Source: "Interop.FAXCOMLib"
StackTrace: " at FAXCOMLib.IFaxDoc.Send()
at FaxApplication.Upload_Files.FaxTheFiles() in
F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Fax2\Upload_Files.aspx.vb:line 160"
TargetSite: {System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo}

I really required ur help?
Pls help me to solve this problem
Thanks in Advance.

Bye

Rob @ ISU

My guess is it doesn't like the .doc file type.

Patel Mitesh

Hi Rob,

Ya there is not a problem with .doc file but it is related services which
FAX service use and I have to give Permission to that services. but actually
i dont know which services is used during fax sending except FAX Services.

Thansk for your reply