Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Profile Data Inter-Application Access

Profile Data Inter-Application Access

wolfkden

I have developed a profile database with a SQL provider using ASP.Net 2.0
profile programming and utilities in an IIS Web application. From other Web
applications on the same web server I cannot access this data through profile
common while using the same web.config profile settings and class
inheritance, basically I see the same profile structure but with no data.
Standard queries on the database show the profile binaries are actually
stored in the SQL profile table that is available to all applications. Is
there an application key or other mechanism required to access profile data
between applications on the same web server. Incidentally Membership user
information stored in the same database is accessible to all of the web
applications concerned.

wolfkden

Using the applicationName property of the SqlProfileProvider class
implemented the soulution I was seeking.