Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > How to install ASP.NET Web Application on SBS2003 server

How to install ASP.NET Web Application on SBS2003 server

Tony Girgenti

Hello.

I developed and tested a web application using VS.NET 2003, VB, .NET
Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322 and IIS5.1. It uses a web form.

When i go to client site, if they have their own SBS2003 SP1 server with
IIS6.0 installed on it and their company web site is accessed using
SharePoint services.

Can i install my web application on their server so that clients can simply
use the internet explorer to run the application ?

Thanks,
Tony

Morten Wennevik

Hi Tony,

Yes, but if you install it on the default web site, you need to tell
Sharepoint to ignore calls to your application.
This can be done on the command line or in the Sharepoint Administration
tool

This command line will exclude the MyWebApplication from Sharepoint

"%PROGRAMFILES%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server
extensions\60\BIN\stsadm" -o addpath -url
http://localhost/MyWebApplication -type exclusion

--
Happy Coding!
Morten Wennevik [C# MVP]