Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider - User properties not set

ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider - User properties not set

mbutenko@gmail.com

I am using the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider in an ASP.NET 2.0
application. I finally got the AD authentication piece working, but
when the user logs in (I am using the the Login control) the User
properties are not getting set. For example, in the LoggedIn event,
the User.Identity.Name = "" and User.IsAuthenticated is False.

I know that it is actually checking the AD because if I enter invalid
credentials, it tells me I had an invalid login and never hits the
LoggedIn event. However, when I do supply valid credentials the User
properties are not set.

As a side (and I think unrelated) note, the user I am using to connect
to AD only has read rights on the AD.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Marc
mbutenkoATmt.gov

Dominick Baier

These values get populated on the next roundtrip. In the LoggedOn event you
have to use the Username property of the login control.

---
Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> I am using the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider in an ASP.NET 2.0
> application. I finally got the AD authentication piece working, but
> when the user logs in (I am using the the Login control) the User
> properties are not getting set. For example, in the LoggedIn event,
> the User.Identity.Name = "" and User.IsAuthenticated is False.
>
> I know that it is actually checking the AD because if I enter invalid
> credentials, it tells me I had an invalid login and never hits the
> LoggedIn event. However, when I do supply valid credentials the User
> properties are not set.
>
> As a side (and I think unrelated) note, the user I am using to connect
> to AD only has read rights on the AD.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Marc
> mbutenkoATmt.gov

mbutenko@gmail.com

OK. After posting, I figured out that I could do that.

Thanks anyway...

Marc