Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > How to manually force a logout using asp.net 2.0

How to manually force a logout using asp.net 2.0

AAOMTim

I am using forms authentication and the asp.net 2.0 login controls along with
the asp.net membership provider. I would like to manually log the user off
from within the application. I tried using session.abandon, but that merely
ends the sessionbut still does not log the user off. What do I need to do to
log them off?
--
Tim

shaharh@gmail.com

AAOMTim wrote:
> I am using forms authentication and the asp.net 2.0 login controls along with
> the asp.net membership provider. I would like to manually log the user off
> from within the application. I tried using session.abandon, but that merely
> ends the sessionbut still does not log the user off. What do I need to do to
> log them off?
> --
> Tim

Use: FormsAuthentication.SignOut();