Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > ASPNET User

ASPNET User

mrsh

as we know The .NET Framework runs all ASP.NET processes under the local
ASPNET
account.
is there anyw ay that I can change the user and instead of a local user use
a Domain user ?
thnx
Mahmoudreza

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

This is only true under IIS 5 (Win2000) and IIS 5.1 (XP). Under IIS 6
(2003), the new built-in process model is used and the default app pool
identity is Network Service.

If you want to change the identity of the 5 or 5.1 process model, change the
corresponding attributes in the <processModel/> element of machine.config.

Joe K.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"mrsh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eagg3h$igt$(E-Mail Removed)...
> as we know The .NET Framework runs all ASP.NET processes under the local
> ASPNET
> account.
> is there anyw ay that I can change the user and instead of a local user
> use a Domain user ?
> thnx
> Mahmoudreza

Consultant