Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > KB917283

KB917283

Radacan

Hi all are you able to help?

I have a customer with SBS2003 (SP1) trying to install the “Vulnerability in
ASP.NET Could Allow Information Disclosure (KB917283)” patch as it is on the
security download Windows update page.

However, this continues to fail at installation every time – the size of the
download and minutes under the Windows detail page shows zeros (which is a
bit strange). I know they don’t use or utilise any .Net features so my
question is two fold really. 1. Is this patch appropriate to SBS2003 server
and 2.If they don’t use .Net features does it need to be installed?

Many Thanks