Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Web Application over a network share

Web Application over a network share

bitbreaker@email.it

Hi All,
I'm trying to use a network share over a NAS to store files of a web
application: this web app (written in asp.net 1.1) will be shared
across 3 web server in load balancing.

Actually I tried to to do that by using the ASPNET user (of each web
server and the NAS server) to access to the share (I changed the
ASPNET password for all 4 server involved) but, ASP.NET gives me an
error:
"Required permissions cannot be acquired." in the machine.config .

It'd be a CAS problem I can't solve neither by forcing a Full Trust
thru the following
tag in machine.config:

<location path="MyVirtualDir" allowOverride="false">
<system.web>
<trust level="Full" originUrl=""/>
</system.web>
</location>