Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > cookieless Forms Authentication - please help...

cookieless Forms Authentication - please help...

studio60podcast@gmail.com

I'm writing an ASP.NET 2.0 application using the new Membership
providor and I'm having trouble.
I have created the roles, logins, login controls, etc... and I can log

in to the site. *However, as soon as I'm successfully
authenticated, I
click on a link and it challenges me for
credentials again! *Doesn't
matter which links I click, they all do
it.
I'm also having trouble with cookies. *I want to use cookies, but I

can't get them to work in either IE7 or IE6. *Here is my

<authentication> section from web.config:
<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="login.aspx"
defaultUrl="/default.aspx"
name="secAuthCookie" cookieless="UseUri"
* *protection="All"
slidingExpiration="true" timeout="90" path="/"
/>
</authentication>
I've tried setting cookieless to all of it's possible values,

UseCookies, UseUri, AutoDetect, etc... and none of them are working.

Am I missing something? *Please help! *I've been stuck on this for
two
days now!
Thanks!
Jason