Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Accessing a network share with a non-domain account

Accessing a network share with a non-domain account

lf

Hi,

I have an ASP.NET 2.0 application that is trying to access a shared drive.

The shared drive requires a username and password. The username and
password correspond to a local account on the W2K3 server where the drive is
located.

I have been looking at using impersonation to try and access the resource
but it seems that this will only work for domain accounts.

I also cannot create the same user on the web server due to password
restrictions.

Any thoughts/ideas on how I can access this resource would be appreciated.

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

call LogonUser with the NEW_CREDENTIAL option - you can pass in the username/password
on the account on the target machine. Then impersonate and access the resource.
Credentials will be checked when you fo the remote access.

Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com