Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Querying AD on Win 2K3 server

Querying AD on Win 2K3 server

Pradeep

Hi,
I have pounded my head for the last couple of hours tyring ot figure out
on how to make my query using LDAP to the AD. The code works fine on XP. And
also works great in a windows application. But on a web page, it just fails.
I am sure its something to do with IIS settings on Win 2K3 server. But dont'
know what. Would be really really thankful if someone can help me out here.

thanks in advance.
Pradeep

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

Can we see the code and also see the stack trace from the exception? If the
code is complex, please post a simple sample that demonstrates the issue.

I would expect that your problem is indeed related to security. If your
DirectoryEntry objects do not include specific credentials, you'll use the
with System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurre nt().Name. Depending
on what this identity is and how it was generated, it might be able to
authenticate with a remote AD or not. If you are impersonating the logged
in user in ASP.NET and use IWA with IIS and the browser is on a different
machine than the web server, you'll need to implement Kerberos delegation.

HTH,

Joe K.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...