Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > X509Certificate2 in .NET 1.1

X509Certificate2 in .NET 1.1

pseongho

Is anyone knows how to get a certificate from the file direclty in .NET 1.1?
We found a way to do this in .NET 2.0;

X509Certificate2 cert = new X509Certificate2(certFilename, thePassword,
X509KeyStorageFlags.PersistKeySet);
proxy.ClientCertificates.Clear();
proxy.ClientCertificates.Add(cert);
proxy.CallTheWebService(args);

The new X509Certificate2 constructor accepts the certificate file name,
password and flag and with this, I don't have to install the certificate file
(*.pfx) into the store.

I'm looking for a way to grap PFX file and add to HttpWebConnect object to
make a connection to a server in .NET 1.1 frame work. Now, I only can find a
way to do this with *.cer file not with *.pfx in .Net 1.1. Anyone who can
help?