Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > VB 2005 .net- Login control - how do I validate user no / password against SQL server

VB 2005 .net- Login control - how do I validate user no / password against SQL server

Garry

I am using VB 2005/.net building a web site

i have created a login screen using a Login control.

I need to validate the user no/password entered by the user against an SQL
Server database table.

I can not figure out how to do this? do I need to write some VB to read the
SQL table or is there another control to help do this ?

thank for any tips

garry

MikeS

Handle the login controls Authenticate event and set e.Authenticated =
True.