Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > debugging asp.net apps on a 2003 server running sharepoint

debugging asp.net apps on a 2003 server running sharepoint

Lee Connell

I can't seem to figure out how to debug my own asp.net apps on my windows
2003 small business server thats running sharepoint. When I try to debug an
app it tells me the project is not configured to be debugged. the
web.config file is set to debug=true. I have all rights on the server. I
don't know what else to try, this is killing me. Anyone know what I can try
next?

thanks.

Ganesan Subramanian

This is a good one.

VS.net will not delegate the credentials to .NET CLR (worker process) in
Windows 2003 Server.

So, In the Debug version of application code file, place the breakpoint and
press Ctrl+F5.

Now the worker process (aspnet_wp.exe or w3wp.exe) will be created.
Use Tools - Attach Process and select the worker process created. Then say
attach for CLR.

Now when you perform the event, the breakpoint gets hit and you can debug
normally.

Irritation is everytime you have to attach/detach worker process.

As of now I cant find any way by which you directly press F5 and debug.

--
Ganesan Subramanian
Microsoft Technologies and Solutions

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...