Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > authentication form loops when user credentials are right

authentication form loops when user credentials are right

Jaime Stuardo

Hi all...

I have configured an ASP.NET 2.0 application to use forms authentication.
Authentication is carried out using Active Directory.

All works well in most client computers but in some of them, authentication
form page loops when authentication is correct without displaying any
message.

When authentication fails, a message is shown as expected, so something
strange is happening with some PC's when authentication is correct. All PC's
have cookies enabled so I don't know what to do now in order for them to
work.

Just in case, I tell you that I'm using the same login credentials. In some
PC's the URL is redirected from the login page to the home page when login
is correct, but in other PC's, login page loops when login is correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Jaime