Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > ASP .NET 2.0

ASP .NET 2.0

Lou Civitella

I am trying to run a local web site on a clients computer. Created the new
web site in IIS and set the ASP .Net version to 2.0. When I try to access
the web site using http://localhost:9999 I get a web page with this on it.
'Server Application Unavailable'

I looked at the event log and these are the two errors that it created.
Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 272 stopped unexpectedly.

Any ideas on how to get the site running correctly? What do these messages
mean?

Thanks,
Lou

Michel de Becdelièvre

If you have a web site running ASP.Net 1.1 on the same server, you need to
use a second Application Domain for Asp.Net 2.0.

"Lou Civitella" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
>I am trying to run a local web site on a clients computer. Created the new
>web site in IIS and set the ASP .Net version to 2.0. When I try to access
>the web site using http://localhost:9999 I get a web page with this on it.
> 'Server Application Unavailable'
>
> I looked at the event log and these are the two errors that it created.
> Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
> Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.
>
> aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 272 stopped unexpectedly.
>
> Any ideas on how to get the site running correctly? What do these messages
> mean?
>
> Thanks,
> Lou

Lou Civitella

ASP 1.1 is not installed. Any other suggestions?

"Michel de Becdelièvre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you have a web site running ASP.Net 1.1 on the same server, you need to
> use a second Application Domain for Asp.Net 2.0.
>
> "Lou Civitella" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> (E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am trying to run a local web site on a clients computer. Created the new
>>web site in IIS and set the ASP .Net version to 2.0. When I try to access
>>the web site using http://localhost:9999 I get a web page with this on it.
>> 'Server Application Unavailable'
>>
>> I looked at the event log and these are the two errors that it created.
>> Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
>> Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.
>>
>> aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 272 stopped unexpectedly.
>>
>> Any ideas on how to get the site running correctly? What do these
>> messages mean?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lou

Juan T. Llibre

Given that you're using aspnet_wp.exe , you're either using IIS 5 or IIS 5.1.

Which one is it ? ( which OS are you using ? )

re:
> Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access is
> denied.

Check the Required Access Control Lists (ACLs) permissions for your ASP.NET account.

If you are impersonating, the account doing the impersonating needs the ACLs permissions.

If you are not impersonating, the default ASP.NET account
( probably machinename\ASPNET ) needs permissions.

See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kwzs111e.aspx
for a list of ASP.NET 2.0 directories and the permissions the ASP.NET account requires.

Review this checklist :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...aght000009.asp
If you wish to run ASP.NET with a custom service account.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"Lou Civitella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to run a local web site on a clients computer. Created the new web site in IIS and set
>the ASP .Net version to 2.0. When I try to access the web site using http://localhost:9999 I get a
>web page with this on it.
> 'Server Application Unavailable'
>
> I looked at the event log and these are the two errors that it created.
> Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access is
> denied.
>
> aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 272 stopped unexpectedly.
>
> Any ideas on how to get the site running correctly? What do these messages mean?
>
> Thanks,
> Lou

Lou Civitella

The OS is Windows 2000 Server running IIS 5.1.

Thanks,
Lou

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Given that you're using aspnet_wp.exe , you're either using IIS 5 or IIS
> 5.1.
>
> Which one is it ? ( which OS are you using ? )
>
> re:
>> Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
>> Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

> Check the Required Access Control Lists (ACLs) permissions for your
> ASP.NET account.
>
> If you are impersonating, the account doing the impersonating needs the
> ACLs permissions.
>
> If you are not impersonating, the default ASP.NET account
> ( probably machinename\ASPNET ) needs permissions.
>
> See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kwzs111e.aspx
> for a list of ASP.NET 2.0 directories and the permissions the ASP.NET
> account requires.
>
> Review this checklist :
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...aght000009.asp
> If you wish to run ASP.NET with a custom service account.
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> ===================================
> "Lou Civitella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am trying to run a local web site on a clients computer. Created the new
>>web site in IIS and set the ASP .Net version to 2.0. When I try to access
>>the web site using http://localhost:9999 I get a web page with this on it.
>> 'Server Application Unavailable'
>>
>> I looked at the event log and these are the two errors that it created.
>> Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
>> Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.
>>
>> aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 272 stopped unexpectedly.
>>
>> Any ideas on how to get the site running correctly? What do these
>> messages mean?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lou

Juan T. Llibre

Actually, Windows 2000 Server runs IIS 5.0, not IIS 5.1.
Windows XP runs IIS 5.1.

Just follow the directions in the links I sent you, and let us know how you did.

OK ?

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"Lou Civitella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The OS is Windows 2000 Server running IIS 5.1.
>
> Thanks,
> Lou

> "Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Given that you're using aspnet_wp.exe , you're either using IIS 5 or IIS 5.1.
>>
>> Which one is it ? ( which OS are you using ? )
>>
>> re:
>>> Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access
>>> is denied.

>> Check the Required Access Control Lists (ACLs) permissions for your ASP.NET account.
>>
>> If you are impersonating, the account doing the impersonating needs the ACLs permissions.
>>
>> If you are not impersonating, the default ASP.NET account
>> ( probably machinename\ASPNET ) needs permissions.
>>
>> See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kwzs111e.aspx
>> for a list of ASP.NET 2.0 directories and the permissions the ASP.NET account requires.
>>
>> Review this checklist :
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...aght000009.asp
>> If you wish to run ASP.NET with a custom service account.
>>

>> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
>> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
>> ===================================
>> "Lou Civitella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I am trying to run a local web site on a clients computer. Created the new web site in IIS and
>>>set the ASP .Net version to 2.0. When I try to access the web site using http://localhost:9999 I
>>>get a web page with this on it.
>>> 'Server Application Unavailable'
>>>
>>> I looked at the event log and these are the two errors that it created.
>>> Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access
>>> is denied.
>>>
>>> aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 272 stopped unexpectedly.
>>>
>>> Any ideas on how to get the site running correctly? What do these messages mean?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Lou