Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Membership and Role Management With Windows Authentication

Membership and Role Management With Windows Authentication

Mike Robbins

All of our apps are on our corporate intranet and everyone using them will
be logged in to the domain. I've been studying the Membership and Role
Management abilities of ASP .NET 2.0, but I honestly don't see any reason
for me to use them in my situation. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Mike

shaharh@gmail.com

Hi Mike,
You need to define your objectives, you right you don't need to use it
in order to log-on if you are using a domain authentication.
If you will need a different behavior with users you need to consider
using the role management, and if you want easy access to maintain a
user (change password etc.) consider using the Membership provider.