Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Can't get ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider to work

Can't get ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider to work

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

of course - this book was written around the 1.0/1.1 timeframe - AD Membership
is a 2.0 feature

The membership section is only about 300 pages - and around 50 for AD...

well . if you want to know how that stuff works and why it may not work for
you - this is the easiest solution

but of course you can go back and forth for some more weeks asking arbitrary
questions about that.

no offense.

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> Hi;
>
> If it requires reading a 600 page book to use AD authentication, then
> I think they made this way too hard to use. I do have
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/059...142519122/ref=
> pd_bbs_1/102-0903423-6247312?%5Fencoding=UTF8 and looked in there -
> but could not find it.
>
> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" wrote:
>
>> maybe you should read a book about that...
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00.../104-1569087-8
>> 058353?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=551440
>>
>> ---------------------------------------
>> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
>> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>>> No, how do I do that? And must it be full trust or just
>>> DirectoryServicesPermission?

David Thielen

Hi;

If it requires reading a 600 page book to use AD authentication, then I
think they made this way too hard to use. I do have
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/059...Fencoding=UTF8
and looked in there - but could not find it.

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net