Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > moving encryption keycontainers

moving encryption keycontainers

Eric Johnson

I've been looking at this off and on for a few days now and can't figure
out how to simply move a keycontainer from one machine to another. I've
tried several things:

* creating a pfx file and importing it on the target machine - this
gets a keycontainer created on the target machine, but it no longer has
the name I need it to (for code to access it). Instead, it has a guid as
the name.

* RSACryptoServiceProvider.ExportCspBlob and ImportCspBlob

* RSACryptoServiceProvider.ToXmlString(true) and FromXmlString()

I haven't yet tried RSACryptoServiceProvider.ExportParameters and
reimporting them on the target machine.

Am I going about this completely wrong?

Thanks,
Eric