Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > How to manage users on deployed web server (.Net 2.0)

Reply
Thread Tools

How to manage users on deployed web server (.Net 2.0)

 
 
Donald Adams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-13-2006
Hi,

The web utility in VS.Net 2005 for managing security: Users, Roles and
Access is great, but once I deploy to the web server, how can I access the
web utility? I couldn't find anything in the docs that worked.

Thanks in advance,

Donald


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-13-2006
Hi,

you can't. This feature was pulled from the final release - i heard that
their will be a toolkit available at some point, but mainly targeted at ISPs.

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> Hi,
>
> The web utility in VS.Net 2005 for managing security: Users, Roles and
> Access is great, but once I deploy to the web server, how can I access
> the web utility? I couldn't find anything in the docs that worked.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Donald
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Donald Adams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2006
Thanks for the reply.

Any open source solutions available that one could use? Seems strange to
release a partial solution, user register then devs. have to pull the
database back to the dev. machine in order to assign roles and access
rights. I'd be happy with even an ugly (useful) web admin tool, rather than
to pull the database file off a live system.

,,,
Donald.

"Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Hi,
> you can't. This feature was pulled from the final release - i heard that
> their will be a toolkit available at some point, but mainly targeted at
> ISPs.
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The web utility in VS.Net 2005 for managing security: Users, Roles and
>> Access is great, but once I deploy to the web server, how can I access
>> the web utility? I couldn't find anything in the docs that worked.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Donald
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2006
Hi,

well - it is quite easy to do that on your own - the admin GUI primarily
uses the built-in security controls - yeah - there is some more work involved
- but not that much...



---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Any open source solutions available that one could use? Seems strange
> to release a partial solution, user register then devs. have to pull
> the database back to the dev. machine in order to assign roles and
> access rights. I'd be happy with even an ugly (useful) web admin
> tool, rather than to pull the database file off a live system.
>
> ,,,
> Donald.
> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
>
>> Hi,
>> you can't. This feature was pulled from the final release - i heard
>> that
>> their will be a toolkit available at some point, but mainly targeted
>> at
>> ISPs.
>> ---------------------------------------
>> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
>> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The web utility in VS.Net 2005 for managing security: Users, Roles
>>> and Access is great, but once I deploy to the web server, how can I
>>> access the web utility? I couldn't find anything in the docs that
>>> worked.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Donald
>>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: How include a large array? Edward A. Falk C Programming 1 04-04-2013 08:07 PM
Web service is not creating Log files when deployed in a server SenthilVel ASP .Net Web Services 0 03-08-2007 03:26 PM
Has anyone deployed an app with Spring 1.2.7 to Sun Web Server 6.1? tigertoy@ev1.net Java 0 04-12-2006 07:29 PM
Iframe .pdf not displaying when deployed on live server csgraham74@hotmail.com ASP .Net 0 12-08-2004 06:20 PM
error only when aspx file is deployed on server. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?= ASP .Net 2 01-26-2004 03:46 PM



Advertisments