Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Importing Existing Users into New ASP.NET Membership Table

Importing Existing Users into New ASP.NET Membership Table

wrburgess@gmail.com

I am setting up a new web application with ASP.NET 2.0 and I was
wanting to utilize the 2.0 Membership and Profiles system. However, I
am having a lot of trouble importing a table of user info into the
aspnet_Users table due to the unique identifiers and large number of
dependencies this new system has.

Is there any way to easily import exisiting user data into the 2.0
Membership system without having to do data entry for 200+ users?

Also, is anyone using this system? I can't find much feedback on the
messageboards like the other technologies that I utilize.

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hi,

a lot of people use it.

I would recommend using the CreateUser stored procedure to import the users
- this takes care of all the dependencies.

Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com