Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Browse web server

Browse web server

news.microsoft.com

I want to browse the web server physical drives from asp.net page and
possibility of creating and deleting folders and get properties of any
directory and file , using c# and visual studio 2003
please help
thanks.

Scott M.

First, you'd need to enable directory browsing at the server level for this
application.

You do understand the security implications of such an application, right?

"news.microsoft.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to browse the web server physical drives from asp.net page and
>possibility of creating and deleting folders and get properties of any
>directory and file , using c# and visual studio 2003
> please help
> thanks.

news.microsoft.com

yes i understand applications security but this is not what i want, all what
I want is how is that task implemented , controls....because i did not find
suitable control for that task, thanks
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> First, you'd need to enable directory browsing at the server level for
> this application.
>
> You do understand the security implications of such an application, right?
>
> "news.microsoft.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I want to browse the web server physical drives from asp.net page and
>>possibility of creating and deleting folders and get properties of any
>>directory and file , using c# and visual studio 2003
>> please help
>> thanks.

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

hi,

something like this?

http://www.123aspx.com/redir.aspx?res=33531

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> yes i understand applications security but this is not what i want,
> all what
> I want is how is that task implemented , controls....because i did not
> find
> suitable control for that task, thanks
> "Scott M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> First, you'd need to enable directory browsing at the server level
>> for this application.
>>
>> You do understand the security implications of such an application,
>> right?
>>
>> "news.microsoft.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> I want to browse the web server physical drives from asp.net page
>>> and
>>> possibility of creating and deleting folders and get properties of
>>> any
>>> directory and file , using c# and visual studio 2003
>>> please help
>>> thanks.

Scott M.

There aren't any native controls for doing this task server-side. A 3rd
party control from directory browsing could be used or you could just use a
text based interface and the System.IO classes.