Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > roleManager defaultProvider

roleManager defaultProvider

michael.spencer@gmail.com

What I am trying to do is change the roles a user is a member of based
on where they navigate to into in a site.

So what is the point of having multiple roleManager providers? Is
defaultProvider required? If I omit defaultProvider can ASP.NET
determine which provider to use based on ApplicationVirtualPath or
something? If so then how do I set that up in ADAM when I have nested
applications? Or else can I do that myself somehow even though
Roles.Provider is read only? Do scopes play into any part of this? Do I
have to set up the same provider with a different application name in
every subdirectorys web config?

I think I could use a single provider but changing the
Provider.ApplicationName applies to the application and not to the
session. Why is that?

michael.spencer@gmail.com

I do see now that if I create sub applications and place a web config
there I can change the defaultProvider alone there without respecifying
all of the providers and connection strings.

RoleManager, Role Provider and Caching of Roles. J ASP .Net 0 05-01-2007 05:08 PM
Rolemanager JP ASP .Net 7 12-05-2006 12:52 PM
RoleManager & Session object Joel Reinford ASP .Net 1 07-25-2006 02:04 PM
Invalidate cache of AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider in ASP.NET 2.0 RoleManager Weaver ASP .Net 0 01-18-2006 02:19 PM
roleManager providers MikeS ASP .Net Security 1 12-25-2005 04:03 PM

Advertisments