Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Smart Nav and AutoRefresh Problem

Smart Nav and AutoRefresh Problem

vbGansta

Hi there.

I am using SmartNavigation="True" in one of my pages and it is working
except for one instance. If I hit the browser refresh, or a button on my
form smart nav works just fine. I also have the page auto refreshing every
60 seconds. When this is fired the page scrolls back to the top. Is there
anyway around this? Thanks for your help.

Joe

Scott Allen

Perhaps instead of a refresh done with META tags, you could start a
JavaScript timer and do a post back every 60 seconds. With SmartNav
this should preserve the position of the form. Take a look at the
Page.GetPostBackClientEvent to help build the JavaScript.

HTH,

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:37:20 -0700, "vbGansta" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi there.
>
>I am using SmartNavigation="True" in one of my pages and it is working
>except for one instance. If I hit the browser refresh, or a button on my
>form smart nav works just fine. I also have the page auto refreshing every
>60 seconds. When this is fired the page scrolls back to the top. Is there
>anyway around this? Thanks for your help.
>
>Joe

vbGansta

hey Scott.

I really appreciate your help. I tried to look up the
GetPostBackClientEvent stuff, but I am new to this and I really don't
understand how the JavaScript stuff works yet. Is there anyway you can give
me some more info?

Joe

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Perhaps instead of a refresh done with META tags, you could start a
> JavaScript timer and do a post back every 60 seconds. With SmartNav
> this should preserve the position of the form. Take a look at the
> Page.GetPostBackClientEvent to help build the JavaScript.
>
> HTH,
>
> --
> Scott
> http://www.OdeToCode.com
>

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:37:20 -0700, "vbGansta" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi there.
> >
> >I am using SmartNavigation="True" in one of my pages and it is working
> >except for one instance. If I hit the browser refresh, or a button on my
> >form smart nav works just fine. I also have the page auto refreshing

every
> >60 seconds. When this is fired the page scrolls back to the top. Is

there
> >anyway around this? Thanks for your help.
> >
> >Joe

Scott Allen

Here are a couple articles that do this, let me know if you get
something working from these:

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/tcdoom_webtimer.asp

--s

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com

vbGansta

Scott,

Those articles pointed me in the right direction. This is all I needed to
accomplish my task:

<script language ="javascript">
window.setTimeout("__doPostBack('btnFetch', ' ')", 60000);
</script>

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance

Joe

news:(E-Mail Removed)...