Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Error in accessing shared folder database file in ASP.net

Error in accessing shared folder database file in ASP.net

BizWorld

i have an access 2000 database in a shared folder at network. i have to pull
data out of it to process.

If i use Window application, it worked fine. but i need to use it in
ASP.net. OleDB Connection fails and say
it is not a valid path or make sure file exist. I added identity impersonate
tag in web.config file plus i used "system" user in Machine.config file for
processModel tag. it worked now on my local development only. If some one
try to run web page from other machine, it again fails with the same
message. any idea how to fix this security related error?????

Regards,

BizWorld

Paul Clement

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:53:07 -0500, "BizWorld" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

i have an access 2000 database in a shared folder at network. i have to pull
data out of it to process.

If i use Window application, it worked fine. but i need to use it in
ASP.net. OleDB Connection fails and say
it is not a valid path or make sure file exist. I added identity impersonate
tag in web.config file plus i used "system" user in Machine.config file for
processModel tag. it worked now on my local development only. If some one
try to run web page from other machine, it again fails with the same
message. any idea how to fix this security related error?????

Is the database on the same machine as the web server? What type of authentication is your web
application using?

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

BizWorld

Web server is diff machine, and DB is on a diff machine at network share.
Web server use NT AUthentication.
anonymous is disable. Web server is not external web server. it is an
intranet application.

Regards,

BizWorld

"Paul Clement" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:53:07 -0500, "BizWorld" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> i have an access 2000 database in a shared folder at network. i have to
> pull
> data out of it to process.
>
> If i use Window application, it worked fine. but i need to use it in
> ASP.net. OleDB Connection fails and say
> it is not a valid path or make sure file exist. I added identity
> impersonate
> tag in web.config file plus i used "system" user in Machine.config file
> for
> processModel tag. it worked now on my local development only. If some
> one
> try to run web page from other machine, it again fails with the same
> message. any idea how to fix this security related error?????
>
> Is the database on the same machine as the web server? What type of
> authentication is your web
> application using?
>

> Paul
> ~~~~
> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Paul Clement

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 11:01:25 -0500, "BizWorld" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Web server is diff machine, and DB is on a diff machine at network share.
Web server use NT AUthentication.
anonymous is disable. Web server is not external web server. it is an
intranet application.

In another post you mentioned you were using a mapped path. You should be using a UNC path name
instead. In addition, Integrated Windows Security will not enable security delegation to a remote
machine w/o using Kerberos. The following delegation scenarios may help:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...Delegation.asp

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)