Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Default Cookie Expiration

Default Cookie Expiration

ryan.d.rembaum@kp.org

I have what I hope will be a quick question:

If I use a NON-PERSISTENT default authentication ticket (i.e. One
created by redirectfromlogin with persistent = false) what is the
default expiration of said ticket? Is it based on the session timeout
in my web.config file?

I am trying to create a custom authentication ticket and want it to be
exactly like the default ticket except with some data in the userdata
section. How would I do this (especially in terms of expiration time).
For example, if the expiration of a non-persistent ticket is generally
the same as the session expiration, how could I specify this in code.
If it is based on some other default, how can I specify that?

Thanks,
Ryan