Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > forms authentication with domain account from DMZ?

forms authentication with domain account from DMZ?

Darwinian

We want to use Domain Security for our password and userID data store and be
able to authenticate with this domain acount from a forms based
authentication implementation deployed outside the firewall in the DMZ where
the web server has no access to the domain accounts. I have thought we
could, perhaps, use VS-2005 membership classes with a custom membership data
provider; but, really have no idea if this is feasible.

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

Have you looked at the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider? All you need is
LDAP access to the DC with that.

Joe K.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...