Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > WindowsIdentity in a WinXP Platform

WindowsIdentity in a WinXP Platform

Kishore Gopalan

I have the username of the format domain\username in a string. I need to get
a WindowsIdentity for this user. WindowsIdentity(string) constructor is said
to work only in Windows Server 2003 platform. I use WinXP for development. In
XP platform, If I need to get a WindowsIdentity object when I have the
username in a string, how can I accomplish that..

Thanks

Kishore

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello Kishore,