Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WPA-PSK Problems Connecting

WPA-PSK Problems Connecting

=?Utf-8?B?TXVsZXI=?=

I have a Belkin F5D7231 router and a F5D7001 adapter card in the remote PC.
All works just fine if the security is disabled. However, when I select
WPA-PSK in the router security settings, I no longer can connect to the
internet. The SSID still appears in the 'available networks' utility dialogue
box, but now without the 'blue circle' over the icon next to SSID name. I
have updated drivers and been through every troubleshoot known, aligned
passwords, reboots and endless calls to Belkin Help....I have learnt alot
through this and can't be far away from solving it ...so does anyone have a
suggestion or two?

Michael T

Does you router software allow you to check the WPA Shared Key?

"Muler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Belkin F5D7231 router and a F5D7001 adapter card in the remote PC.
> All works just fine if the security is disabled. However, when I select
> WPA-PSK in the router security settings, I no longer can connect to the
> internet. The SSID still appears in the 'available networks' utility
> dialogue
> box, but now without the 'blue circle' over the icon next to SSID name. I
> have updated drivers and been through every troubleshoot known, aligned
> passwords, reboots and endless calls to Belkin Help....I have learnt alot
> through this and can't be far away from solving it ...so does anyone have
> suggestion or two?

Herbert Nagler

Muler wrote:
> I have a Belkin F5D7231 router and a F5D7001 adapter card in the
> remote PC. All works just fine if the security is disabled. However,
> when I select WPA-PSK in the router security settings, I no longer
> can connect to the internet. The SSID still appears in the 'available
> networks' utility dialogue box, but now without the 'blue circle'
> over the icon next to SSID name. I have updated drivers and been
> through every troubleshoot known, aligned passwords, reboots and
> endless calls to Belkin Help....I have learnt alot through this and
> can't be far away from solving it ...so does anyone have a suggestion
> or two?

This is just a long shot, but one which I experienced on a different brand
router:
I found, that I could not connect with a 64-digit key (0-63, where 63 is the
64th digit).
Somehow this presented difficulties to the software.
However, when I dropped back to a 60-digit key, everything worked ok.
I offer this experience just as an add-on thought, in case you're running
out of other options.

H.N.