Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > How to prevent the logined user record is existing when I closed browser.

How to prevent the logined user record is existing when I closed browser.

ABC

I write a web site with security and role management using ASP.NET's
security management system. Once a user logined, then Close browser.
Re-open Browser to enter web site, the last logined user id is existing.
How can prevent this case?

Thanks

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello ABC" abc.abc.com,

don't use persistent cookies.

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> I write a web site with security and role management using ASP.NET's
> security management system. Once a user logined, then Close browser.
> Re-open Browser to enter web site, the last logined user id is
> existing. How can prevent this case?
>
> Thanks

ABC

How can I disable persistent cookies?

"Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Hello ABC" abc.abc.com,
>
> don't use persistent cookies.
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>
>> I write a web site with security and role management using ASP.NET's
>> security management system. Once a user logined, then Close browser.
>> Re-open Browser to enter web site, the last logined user id is
>> existing. How can prevent this case?
>>
>> Thanks

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello ABC" abc.abc.com,

how are you setting the cookie?

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> How can I disable persistent cookies?
>
> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
>
>> Hello ABC" abc.abc.com,
>>
>> don't use persistent cookies.
>>
>> ---------------------------------------
>> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
>> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>>> I write a web site with security and role management using ASP.NET's
>>> security management system. Once a user logined, then Close
>>> browser. Re-open Browser to enter web site, the last logined user id
>>> is existing. How can prevent this case?
>>>
>>> Thanks

ABC

no setting cookie timeout.

"Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Hello ABC" abc.abc.com,
>
> how are you setting the cookie?
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>
>> How can I disable persistent cookies?
>>
>> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
>>
>>> Hello ABC" abc.abc.com,
>>>
>>> don't use persistent cookies.
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------
>>> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
>>> http://www.leastprivilege.com

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello ABC" abc.abc.com,

??
---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> no setting cookie timeout.
>
> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
>
>> Hello ABC" abc.abc.com,
>>
>> how are you setting the cookie?
>>
>> ---------------------------------------
>> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
>> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>>> How can I disable persistent cookies?
>>>
>>> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]"
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed). com...

ABC

I set the timeout = 1 on web.config.

<sessionState timeout="1" />

"Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Hello ABC" abc.abc.com,
>
> ??
> ---------------------------------------
> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>
>> no setting cookie timeout.
>>
>> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
>>
>>> Hello ABC" abc.abc.com,
>>>
>>> how are you setting the cookie?
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------
>>> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
>>> http://www.leastprivilege.com

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello ABC" abc.abc.com,

this has nothing to do with forms auth.

you must set the cookie somehow -

login control (2.0)
or
FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage

??

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> I set the timeout = 1 on web.config.
>
> <sessionState timeout="1" />
>
> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
>
>> Hello ABC" abc.abc.com,
>>
>> ??
>> ---------------------------------------
>> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
>> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>>> no setting cookie timeout.
>>>
>>> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]"
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed). com...

Patrick.O.Ige

As Dominick adviced see through this artcile at:-
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...nutilities.asp
Hope that helps
Patrick