Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.Net Interview Questions

ASP.Net Interview Questions

Dougie

Hi,

I have an interview later in the week and I've been told that I'll be asked
technical questions about ASP.NET. The job is for the position of .NET Web
developer and I just wondered if any of you guys had any experience of
technical interviews of this nature.

Many thanks,

Doug.

Kevin Spencer

The questions asked during interviews are not read out of a book. The
interviewers make them up. So, your best bet is to know everything you can
about the technology. A good interviewer will want to see some samples of
your code. Make sure to bring some just in case. Good luck!

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Dougie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uEF4p$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have an interview later in the week and I've been told that I'll be

asked
> technical questions about ASP.NET. The job is for the position of .NET

Web
> developer and I just wondered if any of you guys had any experience of
> technical interviews of this nature.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Doug.

CT

Hmm, I'd say different companies ask different questions. However, one thing
I have learned over the years is that if you appear to be confident, they
generally ask fewer questions. Do make sure you have at least a basic
understanding of the most important aspects of ASP.NET, such as security,
state, caching, custom vs. user controls, etc. (everyone, feel free to add
to this).

--
Carsten Thomsen
Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF
"Dougie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uEF4p$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have an interview later in the week and I've been told that I'll be
> asked
> technical questions about ASP.NET. The job is for the position of .NET
> Web
> developer and I just wondered if any of you guys had any experience of
> technical interviews of this nature.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Doug.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

I have had questions everywhere from how would you set up data access to
which patterns I prefer from the gang of four. If you know how to program in
ASP.NET, you should do fine. One bit of advice: Do not attempt to BS your
way around questions. It is far better to answer "I have not encountered
that, but I can look it up in the help files" than to try to make up an
answer.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA