Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Time syncrhonization at server and client machine which uses WSE

Time syncrhonization at server and client machine which uses WSE

Indiresh

Hi friends,

I am stuck with a problem. I have a C#.NET based web service program which
acts as the server program and a client program, both the programs residing
at different locations. I am passing parameters using WSE methods, from
client program to server program and viceversa.

Say for ex, the server program has the system time of 10:00 AM and the
client program has the system time of -5 hours to the server program. now,
when i want to login to my client program, i have to pass on my username and
password to the server program. In doing so, since there is a time difference
of -5 hours, and i get back an error saying "Creation time can not be in the
future".

I put up the following code at the server program to resolve this issue..but
it is giving syntax errors.

<configuration>
<microsoft.web.services2>

<security>
<defaultTtlInSeconds>86400</defaultTtlInSeconds>
<timeToleranceInSeconds>86400</timeToleranceInSeconds>
</security>

</microsoft.web.services2>

</configuration>

Please let me know if there are any other methods to resolve this problem or
any other configuration settings to be done!

Thanks,
Indiresh.