Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > How to have windows security w/ anonymous access?

How to have windows security w/ anonymous access?

Craig Vedur

Hi,

I'm a bit confused as to how to have windows authentication / integrated
windows authentication with allowing anonymous access.

for example, i have an app where pages A,B,C i want to allow anonymous
users.... but, pages D,E,F, i want to use Windows Security (user must provide
a valid login / pass to authenticate against the domain).

What's the best approach to accomplish this?

Thanks

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello Craig,

just NTFS ACL thos files for the users...

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> Hi,
>
> I'm a bit confused as to how to have windows authentication /
> integrated windows authentication with allowing anonymous access.
>
> for example, i have an app where pages A,B,C i want to allow anonymous
> users.... but, pages D,E,F, i want to use Windows Security (user must
> provide a valid login / pass to authenticate against the domain).
>
> What's the best approach to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks

Pat

Craig you could look at having a mix mode Auth.
Try going through this article at:-
http://aspalliance.com/553
Hope that helps
Patrick