Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Login Controls with Asp / Asp.net 1.1

Login Controls with Asp / Asp.net 1.1

Baron

I found that .Net 2.0 has Login Controls / support for access control

I would like to ask how could these components work with existing 1.1
applications or even asp applications?

thanks

Brock Allen

The 2.0 membership provider has been backported to 1.1. For the life of me
I can't find a link for you (sorry). I don't know if the associated controls
were part of that backport (I don't see why they wouldn't have been).

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> I found that .Net 2.0 has Login Controls / support for access control
>
> I would like to ask how could these components work with existing 1.1
> applications or even asp applications?
>
> thanks

Baron

Thanks

how about asp?

"Brock Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> The 2.0 membership provider has been backported to 1.1. For the life of me
> I can't find a link for you (sorry). I don't know if the associated
> controls were part of that backport (I don't see why they wouldn't have
> been).
>
> -Brock
> DevelopMentor
> http://staff.develop.com/ballen
>

>> I found that .Net 2.0 has Login Controls / support for access control
>>
>> I would like to ask how could these components work with existing 1.1
>> applications or even asp applications?
>>
>> thanks

Brock Allen

Sorry, you're out of luck for classic ASP.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> Thanks
>
> how about asp?
>
> "Brock Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>
>> The 2.0 membership provider has been backported to 1.1. For the life
>> of me I can't find a link for you (sorry). I don't know if the
>> associated controls were part of that backport (I don't see why they
>> wouldn't have been).
>>
>> -Brock
>> DevelopMentor
>> http://staff.develop.com/ballen
>>> I found that .Net 2.0 has Login Controls / support for access
>>> control
>>>
>>> I would like to ask how could these components work with existing
>>> 1.1 applications or even asp applications?
>>>
>>> thanks

Dave Johnson

i have done a lot of research for 1.1 support but found nothing !!! so i
will ask for you confirmation Brock so please reply me as i really need it,
thanx

-sharing makes all the difference-