Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Forms Authentication problem

Forms Authentication problem

Ben

Hi,

I am using forms authentication. When the user clicks the "Logout" button
and then tries to login again, all is well. But when the user closes the
browser and comes back in, the app thinks that the user is still logged in.

I am using cookies. How can I check for this problem and clear it?

Thanks

Ben

Brock Allen

Sounds like whereever you're calling FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie or
FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage you're passing true as the 2nd
parameter. Pass false -- this says to not use a persistent cookie.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> Hi,
>
> I am using forms authentication. When the user clicks the "Logout"
> button and then tries to login again, all is well. But when the user
> closes the browser and comes back in, the app thinks that the user is
> still logged in.
>
> I am using cookies. How can I check for this problem and clear it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ben

Ben

Brock,

Setting the second parameter to false did the trick!

Thanks for your help!

Ben