Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Reset SSL State / Request OTHER client certificate

Reset SSL State / Request OTHER client certificate

vecozo@online.nospam

In our applications we work extensively with client certificates. Currently
I'm writing functionality to allow clients to register their (UZI) client
certificate for access to our website.

When registering, the user might select an invalid certificate or a
certificate that is not trusted by our organization. In this case we will
notify the user that he should select another certificate. However, IE caches
the selected certificate and the only way (known to me) is to be prompted for
another certificate is to Clear the SSL State (from Internet Options ->
Content in IE) or to restart the browser.

I am I nice guy; and i don't want our users to go through this hassle.
Therefore I need some way to automate this, possibly using ASP.NET or script.
Do you know any way to do this?

Regards
Martijn Kaag

VECOZO BV
______________________________
www.VECOZO.nl

[MSFT]

Hello Martijn,

I am afraid to say that there is no such script to achieve this. For
security reasons, script cannot access some sensitive data like these
certificates in IE, we had better have users do this manually.

Luke

vecozo@online.nospam

Fair enough. Thanx!
Martijn Kaag