Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Multiple logins

Multiple logins

Søren M. Olesen

Hi

I'm working on a WebApplication which uses Forms authentication. What I'd
like is for a user to be able to open two browserwindows and login as two
different users. However it seems like IE & FireFox uses the same cookie
across Browser instances, so all my Session variables are shared across
logins.

I'we tried to change my application to run cookielrss, and it kind-of works
on IE, however it still doesn't work in Firefox.....

Is there a way/pattern for setting up a WebApplicaton so that multiple
(different) logins are possible??

TIA

Søren M. Olesen

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello Søren,

it depends on how you open the 2nd browser instance - if they share the same
process, they share headers a.s.o. (easy to see in task manager)

they share the same process, e.g. when hitting ctr-n or using something like
target="_blank" - i've seen similar questions before and someone came up
with a way to clear
headers before spawning a new instance. you have to search the archive or
google.

HTH

Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com